Disciplinary initial advice for Unison members whose employers have informed them either verbally or in writing:

Employer wants to take disciplinary action/suspended them from duty/wish to take a statement/invite you to an investigation meeting.

  1. Inform your employer before any meetings you need to seek advice from your union. Oxfordshire County Unison branch (01865) 815990 email unison@oxfordshire.gov.uk
  2. when you contact us please provide your membership number, full name and contact details. An adviser will contact you as soon as reasonably possible.
  3. To help you, you will need a copy of your contract of employment and your employer’s disciplinary policy.
  4. You’re not alone, UNISON are here to support and advise you at every stage of the process. We can also help you draft your statement, help you mitigate your case, ensure your employer is following the correct policy.