Grievance initial advice for Unison members

If you feel uncomfortable at work, if you have raised verbal concerns to management and nothing has been done, if you feel your workload is excessive, if for any reason you need support, advice and help communicating to your employer what would improve your working environment please contact you have a right to feel safe in your workplace and a right to raise any concerns you have in writing to your employer.

You can raise a grievance by writing to your employer stating:

What your concern is?

How you feel disadvantaged?

What outcome you wish to achieve?

Your employer should have a grievance policy that should be in a staff handbook or your human resources department can send it to you. It should include the process for reporting your grievance, the timescales for management’s response and any appeal process.