More than 60,000 UNISON members work in the community and voluntary sector. We make sure the needs and rights of workers in this sector are recognised and defended. By working together within UNISON, community and voluntary workers can achieve more.
With more than 350,000 members, UNISON represents more education staff than any other trade union in the UK.
We have a dedicated section for schools. This page is for those working in Further Education.
Community & FE Updates
FURTHER EDUCATION UPDATE
5 reasons why we should reject the 0% “offer”
· FE pay has fallen by more than 17% since 2009.
· Pay restraint hasn’t applied equally to all. The gap between high and low pay is rising. The number of staff earning more than £100,000 has increased with some college principals earning footballer wages while the pay bill is shrinking.
· Work on the Living Wage has been sabotaged by employers making no national recommendation on the bottom pay point.
· Most support staff in FE are part-time and low-paid. The gender pay gap continues to widen without job evaluation or equal pay reviews.
· Doing nothing is not an option. Unless we stand up and fight for a decent pay rise, things could get even worse.
Remember, you are worth It!
UNISON College Times Archive
For more information contact Dom Kingsmill-Stocker in the Oxfordshire UNISON branch office 01865 815990